Please note: If you’re working on something exciting and think we should work together, please get in touch.
The list below shows some clients I have worked with as a freelancer in one role or another – the range going from consulting and advisory roles to project management or strategic input in other forms. (While I was at Third Wave — from co-founding in 2010 until leaving in 2012 — I worked exclusively through the company, for clients including MTV Europe, Postbank and ZEIT Online.)
In alphabetical order, clients include: A&B, ADC, ARTE, American University of Afghanistan, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Deutsche Welle, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Google, Burda, Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, medinet AG, Netzpiloten, SPD/Jusos, SinnerSchrader/NEXT Berlin, T-Systems MMS, Tumblr, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Wolters Kluwer, as well as a number of digital agencies and public broadcasters.
I am (or was) non-commercially involved in
- Likemind Berlin
Good coffee & conversations with likeminded people, every 3rd Friday of the month (non-commercial, with Thomas Praus). (Twitter: @likemind_bln)
- Ignite Berlin
A night of quickfire talks, Ignite Berlin is part of the global Ignite talk series. Since 2010.
- TEDx Kreuzberg
An independent TEDx event. Berlin, 10 December 2009 (as co-organizer and official licensee, with Christoph Fahle of Betahaus).
- Atoms&Bits Camp & Festival
A Festival of Thinking, Making and Doing. Berlin, 18-27 September 2009. (My roles: co-initiator, a&b Camp organizer.)
Groups I am (or was) affiliated with
on-going (in alphabetical order, last updated Jan 2014):
- Betapitch: Jury member (regularly since 2012)
- D64 – Zentrum für digitalen Fortschritt: Member (since June 2013)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): Member. EFF is the leading civil liberties group defending your rights in the digital world.
- Highway1: Mentor. Highway1 is a hardware accelerator and part of PCH International, a global supply chain company that has been working with large companies for years, and more recently brought venture-backed startups like littleBits and Lark go from prototype to market.
- International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS): jury member for Lovie Awards and Webby Awards (since 2011, occasional)
- Internet & Gesellschaft Collaboratory: Member (passive). An ongoing multi-stakeholder expert group initiated by Google Germany
- Kleos Group: Co-Founder, Consultant A loose network of consultants and entrepreneurial researchers delivering original analysis, innovative technology services and strategic management consulting
- Social Media Week Berlin 2011: Advisory board member (2011)
- Berlinblase: Founding member.
I will do my best at all times to fully disclose my affiliations or if I am a stakeholder in what I write about in this blog if it has any business-related relevance. If I’m under an NDA or a client asks me not to be listed and gives good reasons, I will not disclose the details here, but in this case I would not write about said project/client/thing. (This happens very rarely.) Small once-off gigs might also not be listed. If it is even in the least relevant (endorsements, blog posts etc), I will of course fully disclose any client relationships.