Sometimes I speak at an event, or join or moderate a panel (most recent on top). For details of the conferences I’m more actively involved in (as co-founder, chair, or curator), please read this overview.
- At the V&A, I co-hosted (as part of the Connected team), a workshop on paper prototyping wearable technologies as part of the Friday Late series. (Blog post.) (London, 25 July 2014)
- Tech Open Air 2014 (Berlin, 16 July 2014)
- FooCamp (Sebastopol, 20-22 June 2014)
- At Samurai Startup Island, I spoke about the future of the IoT business, ThingsCon and the potential of a Japan-Germany skill exchange for IoT people as part of the Berlin @ Tokyo Night. (Tokyo, 02 June 2014)
- At the Recruit Technology Advanced Technology Lab‘s Berlin Innovation Meetup in Tokyo I spoke about the future of the IoT business, ThingsCon and the potential of a Japan-Germany skill exchange for IoT people. (Tokyo, 29 May 2014)
- At O’Reilly Solid, a new O’Reilly conference about the convergence of hardware and software, I gave a talk exploring one questions: What Can Internet of Things Entrepreneurs and the Mittelstand Learn from Each Other? (My slides.)(San Francisco, 23 May 2014)
- At PETS Global Forum, an annual event for the global pet industry and trade, I spoke about the opportunities and challenges that new technologies like 3D printing present to the pets toys, accessories & food industry (Amsterdam, 23 January 2014)
- At eQualification 2013, a conference by the the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) about professional learning and working in a digital society, I joined a panel on chances and opportunities of digitization. (Berlin, 3 Dec 2013)
- At Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft (HIIG), I joined a panel on 3D printing and open hardware. Organized by HIIG and DRadio Wissen as part of the series Digitaler Salon (Video) (Berlin, 26 June 2013)
- At NEXT Berlin 2013, in addition to being program director, I hosted a program session on Maker culture and joined a panel on Berlin’s startup economy and the city’s future. (Berlin, 23/24 April 2013)
- At Charité and Stiftung Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, I joined a panel about health, technology and health data called Facebook & Co, die Gesundheitsbroker von morgen? (Berlin, Nov 20, 2012)
- At the OpenIOT Assembly, London, I ran a session on cities (London, June 16 2012)
- At Foo Camp 2012, I ran a session called The Event Organizer Self Help Group (Sebastopol, 9 June 2012)
- At PICNIC 2011, I gave a workshop on Quantified Cities (Amsterdam, 14 Sept 2011)
- At Next Conference in Berlin I curated and hosted the Social Layer track (Berlin, May 2011) (disclosure: Next are clients of my company)
- At LHBS in Vienna, my partners and I gave an Uncomfortable Talk about digital disruption (Vienna, March 2011)
- At Convention Camp (Hannover, 10 November 2010) Igor Schwarzmann and I presented in the Smart Cities slot. The working title of our presentation: “Future of Cities: Change of Perspective”.
- At Ersatz Conference (Copenhagen, 19 June 2010) Igor Schwarzmann and I presented on Playful Cities and how technology can help us explore our physical environments in playful ways. (I took Johannes Kleske‘s part in a variation of this talk.)
- At links2010 (Berlin, 20 March 2010) I was on the panel “Netzpolitik” (net politics).
- At SXSW 2010 (Austin, 14 March 2010) I hosted a panel on Social Media in Europe and how to enter the market (summary).
- At Eugene Lang College of New School University (New York, 9 March 2010) I gave a brief introductory talk about Crowdsourcing vs Wisdom of the Crowd.
- At ISWA (Berlin, 15 Sept 2009) I gave a presentation about the influence of the internet on politics (slides here).
- For T-Systems MMS (Berlin, 19 June 2009) I moderated Dresden Future Space and and Digital Life Pitch.
- For Deutsche Welle (Bonn, 4 June 2009) I moderated a panel on Citizen Journalism with the winners of the Best of the Blogs Awards 2008 at Global Media Forum.
- At CeBIT Webciety (Hannover, 8 March 2009) I moderated a 4-hour panel / Open Space about life, work and culture on the web for T-Systems MMS with Steffen Büffel (videos available here).
- At the German installment of a Webby Awards night (Berlin, 7 Jan 2009) I spoke briefly about internet memes. (Naturally, my presentation contained a lot of cat pictures.)